The Netgear Nighthawk router reset process is all about setting up your router to the factory default settings. To factory reset Nighthawk router, it is important that you know what this actually refers to. The term factory reset refers to the default settings or the original settings of your router. These are the settings that are there on your wireless router when it is sold or supplied to you.
It is very easy to learn how to reset Nighthawk router to its factory default settings. However, some users find it a little difficult. This generally happens to new users who are a little worried about the complexity of the whole task.
Well, you don’t have to worry about any complexities here. If you want to factory reset Nighthawk router, there are three main methods to go about it. Let’s discuss all three methods to go about the Nighthawk router reset process.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Reset: 3 Methods
As there are three different methods to factory reset Nighthawk router, we have discussed these methods separately. So first of all, we will go through the web interface method.
Method 1: Reset through the Web Interface
To learn how to reset Nighthawk router through the web interface, you have to follow the instructions listed out in this section.
- Firstly, ensure that your PC or mobile is connected to the Netgear Nighthawk network.
- Secondly, the router must be powered On.
- Open a web browser on your PC and enter the Nighthawk login address.
- Type http://routerlogin.net in the address bar and press Enter.
- After that, the Nighthawk login web page will show up on the screen.
- Type the username and password of your router.
- Click Submit/Login.
- You will get access to the Netgear web interface.
- Click Advanced and then click Factory Defaults.
- Confirm the action and wait for a few seconds.
The Nighthawk router reset using the web interface or web browser will be completed successfully.
Method 2: Reset Using the Reset Button
This method will walk you through the steps to factory reset Nighthawk router using the reset button. The reset button of your Nighthawk is located a little inside your router’s frame. Make sure you grab a paperclip or a needle in order to reach the button.
- Firstly, the wireless router must be powered On.
- Locate the Nighthawk router reset button and reach out using a paperclip.
- After that, press and hold the button on your device for at least 10 seconds.
- All the LED lights on your router will start flashing.
- Thereafter, release the button and wait for a few seconds.
- Let your router process the settings and go back to the original configuration.
- After a few seconds, your router will reboot and reset successfully.
Method 3: Reset Nighthawk Router using the App
Finally, this is the third method that will teach you how to go about the Netgear Nighthawk router reset using the app. Well, you need to use the Nighthawk app, which is available on the App Store and the Play Store.
- As you must have already configured your router using the app, you just need to open it.
- Once you open the Nighthawk app, login to the router.
- Enter the default login credentials of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once you login, go to Settings.
- To learn how to reset Nighthawk router, locate the reset option.
- Tap Factory Reset and wait for a few seconds.
- Finally, the Netgear Nighthawk router will be reset to the factory default settings.
Why Do I Need to Reset Nighthawk Router?
It is suggested to reset your router if it has encountered some issues. Resetting your wireless router erases all customized settings, memory, connections, and password from your device. Moreover, the reset process fixes most of the minor issues that your router faces in day-to-day performance.
What to do After Resetting the Netgear Nighthawk Router?
Once you reset your Netgear Nighthawk router, you need to reconfigure it. In simple words, you need to set up your router once again in order to use it. If you don’t set up your router, it won’t be able to work.
How to Reset Nighthawk Router Password?
To reset Nighthawk router password, you need to go through the Nighthawk router reset. As you already know how to reset Nighthawk router, you just have to follow the steps. Once you reset your device, the password will also be reset to the factory defaults.
Do I Need to Keep Resetting My Nighthawk Router?
Not at all! We do not recommend resetting your router every now and again. You should only reset your wireless router when it goes through some issues or faces trouble performing day-to-day tasks. Your device may encounter issues if you keep resetting it.
Why is My Nighthawk Router Not Working After Resetting?
It is very common to see your router not working after reset as it has not been set up. You need to manually set up your wireless router in order to make it do its job.
How to Configure Nighthawk Router After Reset?
To configure your Nighthawk router after reset, you need to follow the general setup guidelines. Firstly, login to the router using the default login credentials. Once you login to the router, you need to go to the setup wizard and follow the on-screen instructions. You can set up your router either through a web browser or the Nighthawk app.