The Nighthawk router is one of the best networking devices with remarkable. You just need to set the router accurately and you can use the high-speed internet connection. However, just like any other device, you could face issues with your Nighthawk router as well. The Netgear Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting from the internet is a common problem that every user faces at least once. If left unresolved for too long can cause permanent damage to the router. Therefore, you must fix it immediately.
It can get exasperating when the Netgear Nighthawk keeps disconnecting from the internet. If you are facing this issue as well, don’t worry. We have made this post to help users troubleshoot the Netgear Nighthawk router disconnecting frequently. Not limited to this, we’ll also explain the reasons responsible for this.
Why Does My Nighthawk Router Keep Disconnecting?
The Nighthawk router disconnecting frequently can occur due to several reasons. These reasons could be internal as well as external. Some common reasons are as follows:
- Frequency interferences
- Improper cable connection
- Insufficient power supply
- Internal issues with the router
- Outdated firmware
- VPN and malware
- Incorrect configurations
These are some common factors responsible for the Netgear Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting issue.
Solved: Netgear Nighthawk Disconnecting
Now that we know the possible reasons for the Netgear Nighthawk keeps disconnecting issue, we can resolve it effectively. To resolve this issue, you can try the following methods:
Provide a Stable Power Supply
- The router requires a stable power source to function effectively.
- Therefore, it’s important to plug the router into a working power outlet.
- Check the current socket and ensure it’s working fine.
- Otherwise, you can plug the router into another power socket.
- Also, check for any power outages in your area.
- If there is, you must wait till the power is back ON to start using the internet again.
- Insufficient power is a huge reason for the Nighthawk router disconnecting frequently issue.
Move Closer to the Router
- If you’re outside of the router’s range, you will not receive a proper internet connection.
- The Nighthawk router has a wide network coverage, but too much distance can cause interference.
- If you are using a PC, you can connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure the Ethernet cable isn’t defected or damaged to ensure a proper connection.
- Now, the Netgear Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting glitch should be gone.
Power Cycle the Router
- If the Netgear nighthawk keeps disconnecting issue persists, you can try power cycling it.
- The power cycle eliminates any minor glitches and bugs within the router.
- Firstly, unplug and power OFF the router.
- After at least 30 seconds, you can power it back ON.
- When the router turns back ON, all the issues should be gone.
- We recommend power cycling the router weekly.
Eliminate the Obstructions
- Due to several objects, the Netgear Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting issue occurs.
- Objects such as mirrors, walls, cordless phones, microwaves, aquariums, radio-waves emitting, and other similar objects can interfere with the router’s network.
- Therefore, if you have recently relocated the router or placed such objects around the router, you must remove the obstructions.
- The ideal location for the router is central in an open area.
- Ensure to choose the most suitable location for your Nighthawk router.
Disable the VPN and Remove Malware
- A primary reason for the Nighthawk router disconnecting is VPN and malware.
- To enjoy a high-speed internet connection, you must enable the VPN.
- The VPN and malicious software can cause the WiFi network to deteriorate.
- Therefore, enable VPN and remove all the malicious software from your device.
Check the Router’s Configurations
- After installing the router correctly, you must set it up properly.
- Improper configurations of the Nighthawk router can cause issues with its performance.
- Therefore, check the configurations and ensure you didn’t enable anything you shouldn’t have.
- Moreover, you can set the WiFi frequency from anything between 1 to 11, for a better user experience.
Upgrade the Firmware
- It’s very important to update the firmware of the router frequently.
- Updating the firmware fixes any technical glitches and bugs with the router.
- Therefore, ensure to keep the firmware of the router always up-to-date.
- To begin with, open the Nighthawk app and log into your account.
- When the home page of the router appears, click on the router’s image.
- After that, scroll down to select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- If a new firmware is available, it will show the ‘Update’ option.
- At last, tap ‘Update’ and the upgrade will initiate.
- Now, the Netgear Nighthawk keeps disconnecting issue should be gone.
Factory Reset the Router
- If the Nighthawk router disconnecting frequently issue persists, you can reset the router.
- The reset will resolve all the technical glitches and bugs within the router.
- Firstly, locate the reset button on the router.
- Now, press and hold the reset button for some time.
- After 7 seconds, you can release the button.
These are some methods you can use to fix the Netgear Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting issue. If there are any other issues you are having, you can connect with our expert team right now.