The Nighthawk router’s orange light indicates several things but nothing concerning. However, when the Netgear Nighthawk orange light occurs for too long, you must fix it. If left unresolved for too long can cause critical issues to the router. The Nighthawk router is an excellent router that provides a high-speed internet connection at an extensive range. They are known as one of the best routers. They offer several features to the users, among which comes the router’s status LEDs. These LEDs are convenient for figuring out the router’s status and establishing if there’s anything wrong with the router.
Therefore, it’s crucial to know what these lights indicate. If you are facing the Netgear Nighthawk orange light issue as well, don’t worry. This post will guide you through this issue and help you find the cause behind the orange light. Moreover, we’ll discuss the methods to troubleshoot this problem.
What Does the Orange Light on Nighthawk Router?
The Nighthawk router orange light conveys two primary messages. These are as follows:
- Solid Amber Light: The Nighthawk orange light, when stable, indicates the router is powering ON.
- Netgear Nighthawk Blinking Orange: The blinking orange light means that the router is either upgrading the firmware or resetting to factory settings.
These reasons aren’t concerning, but when the light doesn’t go away for too long, you must troubleshoot it.
Troubleshooting the Nighthawk Router Orange Light Issues
Now that we know the meaning of the orange light on Nighthawk router, we can proceed further. The orange/amber light isn’t a concerning issue, but if you are not receiving any internet, you must fix it. You can try the following methods to resolve the orange light.
Check Internet Connectivity
- If you are unable to connect to the network, ensure you are entering the correct password.
- Additionally, if you are using an Ethernet cable to establish a connection between your device and router, ensure it’s not loose.
- Check the router and the modem’s connection and ensure the cable is plugged into both devices effectively.
- You might need to replace the cable if it has any damage.
Inspect the Power Supply
- To fix the Netgear Nighthawk orange light issue, check the power source of both the router and the modem.
- The router and the modem require a constant power supply to work effectively.
- Therefore, check and ensure that the router and the modem are powered ON.
- If the current electrical socket isn’t working, you can try plugging them into different outlets.
- Verify for any power outages in your house. If there is, you will have to wait till the power is back ON.
Power Cycle the Nighthawk Router
- You can try power cycling the router to fix any internal issues with the router.
- The power cycle fixes any minor glitches and bugs within the router.
- Firstly, power OFF and unplug the router.
- Now, give the router some time to cool down.
- After a few minutes, you can power the router back ON.
- Now, this should fix the Netgear Nighthawk blinking orange.
Make Sure the Modem is Working
- There could be an issue with the modem as well.
- Check your modem and ensure it’s working just fine.
- You can also try power cycling the router to fix any issues with it.
- If the modem has any damages, you might need to replace it.
- You can contact your ISP to fix your modem.
Update the Nighthawk Router Firmware
- You can fix the Netgear Nighthawk blinking orange light by updating the firmware of the router.
- To update the firmware, you need to log into the router’s user interface using Nighthawk login credentials.
- After logging in, go to the ‘Router Settings’ page.
- On this page, scroll down and click the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- If there’s firmware available, it will inform you.
- At last, to update the firmware, you just need to click ‘Update’ to begin the upgrade.
- While the router is upgrading the firmware, do not interrupt it anyway.
Reset the Router
- When none of these methods are working, you can reset the Nighthawk router.
- The reset will definitely fix the orange light on Nighthawk router.
- To begin with, locate the reset button on the router.
- Now, press and hold the button for some time.
- After a few seconds, you can release it.
- At last, when the router is back ON, the factory default settings will be back.
- Now, you can reconfigure the router.
These are some methods to fix the Netgear Nighthawk orange light issue. Ensure to follow these methods accurately to resolve the problem effectively. If there are any other difficulties you are facing, you can get in touch with our team now for a solution!