Having troublesome issues with your Netgear Nighthawk router? Don’t worry! We’ve got the solution to your every problem. The Netgear Nighthawk is an extremely impressive router but like all electronics, it can also have issues. Sometimes, it’s a problem from our end only and there’s nothing wrong with the router. You can fix the Nighthawk router not working issue easily.
Whatever it is, you don’t have to worry anymore! On this page, we’ll discuss all the possible issues you could be facing. After that, we’ll go through the troubleshooting method for each method.
Why is the Nighthawk Router not Working?
When the Netgear Nighthawk router not working, there could be several reasons responsible. Before you fix the router, you need to figure out the issue with the router. The possible issues with the router could be as follows:
- For the router to work efficiently, it needs a constant, stable source of power.
- Check if the power cable and the outlet are working fine.
- If the power outlet and the cable are eroded, you might need to replace them.
- There’s an issue with the configuration of the router.
- The firmware of the router is outdated.
- Router not working because unable to log into the router.
- There could be some hardware damage as well.
These are the possible reasons you could be facing the Netgear Nighthawk router not working. Further, we’ll discuss how to troubleshoot this issue.
How to Fix Netgear Nighthawk Login Issues?
Sometimes, we are facing issues with logging into Nighthawk router as well. As logging in is extremely important, you need to fix these issues as well. You can fix this issue by following the steps below:
- To log in, your device needs to be connected to the router’s network.
- You can establish a connection wirelessly or via an ethernet cable.
- You need to use the correct login details to log in successfully.
- If you forgot the login credentials, reset the router to default settings.
- If unable to log in via the app, you can use the web browser.
- For the web browser method, you need to know the IP address or the routerlogin.net web address.
- If unable to log in via the web browser. You can try using a different web browser.
- Clear out the cache of the web browser to log in successfully.
- Unable any firewall or antivirus temporarily for the login. As it might be blocking the site.
- The internet connection is slow. For the login, keep the device closer to the router.
- Update the web browser to the latest version and re-try again.
- You can try power cycling the router to eliminate any glitches.
- If none of these methods are working, you need to restore the router’s default settings.
These are some things you can try to resolve the login issue. If this issue is fixed and you are facing the Nighthawk router not working issue then keep reading ahead for effective solutions.
Troubleshooting Netgear Nighthawk Router not Working
Now that you have figured out the issue with your Netgear router, it’s time to troubleshoot them. Below are some ways you can fix the Nighthawk router wifi not working. These methods are as follows:
1. Check the Power Source
- If there’s an issue with the power supply of the router, then plug the router into a stable source of power.
- You can replace the power cable of the router.
2. Check-in with the Internet Service Provider
- There could be an issue with your ISP.
- You could call them and explain the issues.
- They could provide a solution to your issue.
3. Power Cycle the Router
- You can try power cycling to fix the Nighthawk router wifi not working issue.
- You can power cycle the router using the power button, without the button, and from the Nighthawk router.
Using the Power Button:
- You just need to press the power button till the power light is off.
- Then, give it some time to shut down completely.
- After that, you can power it on again.
Without the Power Button:
- Unplug the router from the power source.
- Then, wait for a little while.
- After that, connect the router to the electrical outlet again.
Via the Nighthawk App:
- On the app, select the ‘Connect Remotely’ option.
- Then, go to the home page and choose the ‘Reboot’ option.
- Afterward, you may be prompted for the login details.
- Now the router will shut off then give it some time and then power it on again.
4. Check the Wifi Signal Range
- If you are facing the Nighthawk router wifi not working, then it could be due to the antennas.
- You can try adjusting the antennas to a vertical angle. A right angle will give you a huge coverage area.
- You can try changing the channel to 5GHz. This will provide an immaculate Wifi range.
- Check if there are huge metal objects in the router’s object, interrupting the router’s wifi signal.
- You may need to relocate the router. To ensure maximum coverage, place the router in a central location.
5. Change Wifi SSID and Password
- You may need to change the name and password of the router’s wifi network.
- You can do this easily from the settings.
6. Inspect the Wired Connections
- If you are still facing the Netgear router wifi not working, then you can check the wired connections.
- If you are using an ethernet cable, you need to check the wire and ensure it’s working fine.
- You may need to replace the ethernet cable.
7. Update the Netgear Nighthawk Router
- You need to update the router’s firmware to the latest version.
- To update the firmware, you need to download the file from Netgear’s official website.
- Then, log into the router’s admin panel.
- Afterward, select the file you have downloaded.
- Now, you just need to reboot the router to complete the update.
8. Reset the Router
- If the Nighthawk router not working issue still persists, you need to reset the router.
- When the router’s powered on, locate the reset button.
- Next, press the reset button using a sharp object.
- Then, release the reset button after 10 seconds.
- Now, give it some time to turn it back on.
9. Reconfigure the Router
- If the DNS server is offline or corrupted, you won’t be able to access the wifi.
- You can try connecting it to a public DNS server.
- You need to make sure that you have configured the router properly.
10. Replace the Router
- You need to check the router for any physical damage.
- If there are, then that could be the reason for the router not working.
- In these cases, you will have to replace or repair it.
- However, if repairing it won’t fix it then you need to replace it.
These are the troubleshooting methods you can try for the Netgear Nighthawk router not working. Just remember after the reset, you will have to configure the router again as the default settings are restored. All the changes you have made to the router’s settings are gone. Now you can log in using the default login credentials.
If there are any other issues you are experiencing with your Netgear router, you can connect with our experts. We’ll help you figure out an effective solution to your issue.