The Nighthawk router no internet is a common issue that most users face at least once or twice. This router is an excellent networking device with a high-speed internet connection and impeccable network coverage. However, just like most devices, you can face an issue with your Nighthawk router as well. For instance, the Netgear Nighthawk router no internet issue can occur for several reasons. When it persists, it can get frustrating, so you must troubleshoot it right then and there.
If you are facing the Nighthawk router connected but no internet issue too, don’t worry. Today, we’ll discuss the no-internet problem. Afterward, we’ll explain the methods you can use to fix the router having no internet glitch.
Why is the Nighthawk Router Showing No Internet?
The Nighthawk router connected but no internet issue occurs for numerous factors. Some common ones are as follows:
- Insufficient power supply
- Improper cable connections
- Outdated firmware
- DNS cache
- ISP server down
- Internal issues with the router
These are some factors responsible for the Netgear Nighthawk router no internet issue. Further, we’ll discuss the methods you can use to troubleshoot it.
How to Fix Nighthawk Router Connected But No Internet?
Now that you know the factors responsible, let’s troubleshoot them. It’s significant to figure out the reason for the problem to resolve it effectively. You can try the following methods to fix the Netgear Nighthawk router no internet issue:
Inspect the Cable Connections
- The most common reason the router has no internet is that the router has no connection with the modem.
- It’s very essential to connect the router to the modem for the router to work effectively.
- Therefore, check the connection between the router and the modem and ensure it’s not loose or anything.
- Inspect the cable for any damages, if it has, you must replace it.
Check the Power Source
- The router requires a stable power source to function effectively, as it cannot work without one.
- Thus, you must ensure to plug the router into a working power supply to make the most out of your router.
- Verify the current power source and ensure it’s working, if not, you can plug the router into another outlet.
- With a sufficient power supply, the Nighthawk router connected but no internet issue should be gone.
Power Cycle the Router
- If the above methods didn’t solve the issue, you can try power cycling the router to fix it.
- The power cycle fixes any minor glitches and bugs within the router.
- You just need to unplug and power OFF the router for some time.
- After 30 seconds, you can power it back ON.
- Now, this should fix the Netgear Nighthawk router no internet issue.
Contact your ISP
- There could be an issue from your ISP’s end as well causing the no internet issue.
- You just need to contact your ISP and inform them of the issue you are facing.
- If the problem is from their end, you will have to wait till they fix it.
- Otherwise, you can proceed with the next method.
Clear DNS Cache
- The Night router connected but no internet issue could arise due to corrupted DNS cache.
- To clear out the DNS cache, you need to go to start on your PC and type ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- Now, the command box of the router will appear on the screen, type ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ on it, and press enter.
- After that, the DNS cache should be gone and the no internet issue should be resolved.
Update the Firmware
- Outdated firmware can also cause the Netgear Nighthawk router no internet issues.
- That’s why, it’s significant to upgrade the firmware of the router frequently.
- To upgrade the firmware, you just need to log into the user interface of the router.
- Hereon, from the user interface, go to the ‘Router Settings’ of the router.
- From this page, click the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- After that, if firmware is available, you will see the ‘Update Now’ option.
- At last, click that option and the upgrade should initiate.
Reset the Router
- If the Nighthawk router connected but no internet issue persists, you can reset the router.
- The reset will eliminate all the issues with the router and make it as good as new.
- To reset the router, find the reset button on the router.
- Now, press the reset button and hold it.
- After 7 seconds, you can release the button.
- Finally, the reset is successful.
- Now, you can reconfigure the router, as the factory default settings are back.
These are some methods you can use to fix the Netgear Nighthawk router no internet issues. Now, the glitch should be gone and you can start using a high-speed internet connection. If there are any other difficulties you are having with your router, you can reach out to us.
What does the amber light on my Nighthawk router mean?
The amber light on the router indicates the router detected an Ethernet connection with the modem. Further, you can connect your devices to the router and start using a high-speed internet connection.
How to Reconnect Nighthawk WiFi Router to the Internet?
To reconnect the router to the internet, ensure it’s connected to the modem. If it is and you are still having no internet, you can restart the router. The restart should fix any minor malfunctions with the router.
How to Check the Nighthawk Router Has Connected?
You can see the internet connection of your Nighthawk router from the user interface of the router. To log in, you just require the default IP address, default username, and password to log into the user interface.